Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello, My name is Cecilie and the year 2013/14 should I spend in Novi, Michigan as an exchange stud


Hello, My name is Cecilie and the year 2013/14 should I spend in Novi, Michigan as an exchange student for Youth For Understanding. I chose to travel with YFU (Youth For Understanding) for many reasons, the most important is that it is a voluntary organization, it means that all who are doing some work for YFU or host family, seabreeze do it because it is something they have want to and not for the money. Additionally, they have after I have joined the organization, made lots of exciting events you could attend and meet other exchange students. They also have been good to help if we had problems with things that should be taken care of along the way, and my family and I have always felt us well informed. This gives a little better insight into how Novi exactly is Novi has about 57,000 inhabitants and is located about 20 km from the city of Detroit. Because the city is located at almost the same latitude as DK, the weather is very similar to what we have, but not so volatile, because it's continental climate. The family says that the temperature right now is about 80-90 F in Celsius from 26.7 to 32.2 Back in January I got the family I will be staying with, so the last six months I have written a little forward and back with my host mother. The family consists of a mother, seabreeze a father and two daughters. The girls named Sara and Christina are respectively 18 and 15 Sara begins this year at the College, so she is only home on weekends, seabreeze but Christina and I have to go to the same school. Lisa, her mother is a housewife, but she's doing a lot of work organization tion, where she care to find families for sharing moments. The danger is sales engineer working for a large corporation. seabreeze The family has since the beginning been really sweet and friendly, so both my parents and I feel 100% comfortable with me to stay with them for the next 10 months. I must go to Novi High School, the local public high school, which has no less than 2000 students. The school offers a lot of different sports that will be interesting to test during the year. In addition, the school offers seabreeze IB preparatory hours as I am considering taking over the year. The school's website = http://www.novi.k12.mi.us/hs/ All school team called the Wildcats. Picture of school This was lot of information in my stay and I am very pleased to share all my experiences during the year here on my blog that I hopefully written in but also on Facebook (https://www.facebook .com / cecilie.busch) and Instagram (cillebusch) - Cecilie J
Followers


No comments:

Post a Comment