Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bloglovin


I arrived in Michigan on Friday night at 6 the time. The waiting time in lufhavnene and the flights were excruciating for knew that we would arrive at our host family for a few hours. ovs I flew with another Dane Lasse, two Norwegians and one from the Find Country (or sweden it I never found out ...). When I got out to the family was all there. My host father Russ, my host mother Marcy, my two host brothers and sisters Ally and Kayla, my host brother Kirk and the other exchange student Carolin coming from Germany. She had come the day before. From the airport we drove directly to a local food they love to eat, called Red Robin. They serve burgers and endless fries. Very American, and the portions are huge! Yesterday we were out at Marcys mother's house when Russ had to go out and play golf and Marcy had to work. She took us out to go shopping in a large mall located in the city, and Carolin and I bought a pair of running shoes for Cross Country. Later we went shopping and bought groceries for lunch and dinner. When we had eaten lunch, came Marcy approached us and asked if we wanted to Lake Michiganog baths. Kirk is 17 and will soon be 18, he is becoming what they call an Eagle Scout, but first there are some Challenges he must cope. He lacked only one, and it was that he had to jump into the water with clothes and uniforms and using his uniform and pants to help them float. So first we drove to the town of Holland, where there was a man who had a pool Kirk could use. After that we drove to the beach and bathed. The water was not salty as it is a lake, it was quite weird. We were stranded for long and it was great to be flushed. After the beach we drove to a place called Captain Sundae, where they serve every conceivable kind sundaes. I got one with ice floating skolade, chopped nuts and brownie. It was the most common. For dinner we ate at Marcys mother and stepfather. Today we are going out and buying a little ovs notebooks, folders, and other practical things for the school. Amalie Christine
I am a 15 year old girl from North Zealand who loves music, photography, summer and to experience. I just just finished 9th class, but after the summer I fly to the United States where I should be as an exchange student in Michigan ovs for 10 months. In this blog I will write about everything I experience and my thoughts around and during my stay. I hope you'll follow my journey!
Bloglovin '
Share It


No comments:

Post a Comment